Saturday, May 10, 2008

10 things I love about my mom


1. She is a giver. My mom LOVES to give gifts. I always remember as a kid at Christmastime, she would tell us Christmas was going to be sparse, and then SURPRISE, out comes a big box of more presents on Christmas morning. I also remember a time when she decided as a family we were going to give our Christmas to another family in need. She is still always giving us great gifts and I have to say our kids are even getting more spoiled.

2. She has always been there for me. As a teenager, this was so important to me. I knew I could always come home from school with my "daily drama" and talk to her about it. She would always listen to me. She is still there for me now, more than ever.

3. She is fun to be with. My house was always a great place to be with my friends because they loved my mom too. She has always been my mom first and friend second. She is"one of the girls" now and I love hanging with her.

4. She is forgiving. I know that every single one of her kids (including myself) has broken her heart at least once. She has never held that against us or reminded us of it. She just loves us no matter what.

5. She loves to help. Whether it is her family or friends or whoever is in need, my mom is always willing to help and give of herself, even when it is an inconvenience to her.

6. She loves to travel. I share this passion with her. My mom has been to many fun places in the world and comes home from them planning the next trip. I especially love the trips we have been included on. My parents really are fun to travel with.

7. She's tough. My mom is a trooper. She's not squeemish or wimpy about anything! (I wish I was more like that). She is actually more apt to kill a bug than anyone else in our family. AND she has given birth to six kids, two at home, and four with no drugs!

8. She's friendly. My mom makes friends everywhere she goes, even to the grocery store. I remember as a kid thinking my mom knew everybody and everybody knew her.

9. She has suffered more than any mom should. She has watched children suffer from major accidents, deal with the consequences of poor life choices, and has also lost a child. She is truly tough. I am amazed at her strength. She is such an example. I hope I never have to go through half what she has with her children, but I admire and respect her for it.

10. She is a wonderful grandma. I know my kids adore her. She is always spending time with them and having fun with them, plus as I mentioned earlier, she spoils them incessantly. They KNOW she loves them by the way she treats them.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! Your beautiful! Your the best. I love you so much. Thank you for all you have done and still do for me. Thank you for loving me. You are a great example to me and I want you to know how much I appreciate you.
(I hope your crying mom, because I am as I write this...another trait I got from you).


10 comments:

vanessa said...

that was SO sweet! and i totally agree with every single one of those traits!!! we love you grandma barbi!

Anonymous said...

OK Tracy yes I was crying before I even got past the second item. Thanks you made my day I was feeling a little bit on the unhappy side tonight so when I came in to read everyones blog it has made me really appreciate all of my kids not matter what trials I have had with all of you. That is what a mother is, to love and keeping loving thru all the ups and downs in everyones life. Thanks again for being a great daughter and loving MOM to my grankids and yes I will alwasy spoil them shen I can. Love ya MOM

We are all "SPECIAL" said...

hey my blog went private...email me your email address and I will add you to my list... www.briannamallen80@yahoo.com

SHERI said...

Well said- I echo those feelings completely. (except for #4- I never broke her heart!...Just kidding) She is pretty amazing! Happy Mother's day to MOM!!! Love ya.
And Happy Mother's Day to you too Tracy. I think you are pretty amazing yourself! Thanks for being such a great mom to you kids and a great aunt to mine! Love ya!

barbafamily said...

What a beautiful post about your mom! She sounds like a wonderful lady! Hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day Tracy! Love ya!!!

Kenyon said...

Well, if she's not crying, I am. How bout that :) That was really sweet Tracy. She is an amazing woman. Happy Mothers day to the both of you.

Angie said...

That is a sweet post about your mom. Sounds like she has been through some tough times and still keeps a good attitude. I bet reading your post was the nicest thing ever for her:) Hope you had a great mothers day!

The Heki Family said...

That was so nice and sweet. She will probably cherish that forever. What a nice thing to do for her. You are just like her. :)

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

Geeze Tracy...way to make me cry!! Man, a mom couldn't ask for more than that to make her day...year! She is AWESOME and I love her too!