Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9-11

Today is, of course, the 6th anniversary of 9-11. I am so thankful for this country we live in. I am so grateful for the young men women fighting for our freedom and the freedoms of others. We literally have people like them to thank for our lives. I think of the brave men who believed in a country that could govern itself and won our freedom from England. I think of the brave young men who fough against an murderous, evil Hitler. I think of the brave young men who fought a long, drawn out war that no one understood. All these men left wives, children, mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters behind with no promise of return. Many didn't. All of this sacrifice was done for who? Not themselves, but for all Americans. For us. I just want to say again how grateful I am for these brave self-less soldiers who die so we can live in freedom.

1 comment:

Kenyon said...

I am so glad you wrote that. That is really touching...Thank-you