Tuesday, August 28, 2007

JEROME, AZ




I love spontaneous trips! This last Sunday, Davin and I were laying around, not wanting to get up and get ready for church. Then in about 5 minutes we decided to take a day trip somewhere. 45 minutes later, we were in the car, lunch packed, and headed up to Jerome. I know, I know, watch out for lightning bolts right? (The funny thing is that we had a lesson last week in church about keeping the Sabbath Day holy. I'm pretty sure this doesn't qualify). Anyway, we really did have a lot of fun. Jerome is an old mining ghost town turned tourist town up near Prescott. We toured the museum, had a picnic lunch, and walked around all the shops. The kids loved it (of course, missing church always adds to the fun for them).

3 comments:

SHERI said...

what a fun trip.

vanessa said...

what a fun trip, i was looking for you guys sunday....LOL

Jamie said...

Part of my honeymoon was spent in Jerome. Fun town and a great idea. Sunday is a family day. Is that justification??